Cruz- would you try and extend him?

terps19

If you are DD, and knowing that Crush and Wieters might not sign with the orioles, would you be making strides to come up with a number for Cruz?

Provided he stays healthy, he could be the all time DH for the next 3-4 years in Baltimore. I have a feeling he is going to MASH the rest of the season especially when it gets warmer...

How many years and how much money would you think it would take to get him signed?

• Replies 174
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Yeah, he could bring a lot at the TD if we aren't in it by then.

That is very very true. What kind of haul do you think we could get? Something along the lines of Bedard (A top prospect and a few middle tier prospects)?

That is very very true. What kind of haul do you think we could get? Something along the lines of Bedard (A top prospect and a few middle tier prospects)?

No, because Cruz will be a two-month rental by then. What he would yield would depend on how his season is going, but it won't be anything amazing.

Funny, considering over half the OH was against his signing, when his name first came up in rumors.

Yeah I didnt understand that expect for how the current Os would react to the PEDs thing. I mean he was mashing last year- and has always been a good power hitter who makes a good amount of solid contact with the ball.

No, because Cruz will be a two-month rental by then. What he would yield would depend on how his season is going, but it won't be anything amazing.

So trading him and expecting anything of good value in return would be like trying to catch lightening in a bottle? If they cant get anything that good for him, I say keep him and try to extend him.

So trading him and expecting anything of good value in return would be like trying to catch lightening in a bottle? If they cant get anything that good for him, I say keep him and try to extend him.
It depends on the specifics. What contending team needs a bat and can afford to give up something we need, like a young catching prospect e.g.?

Frobby, getting in my voice of reason response before I even read the thread since 2003.

Funny, considering over half the OH was against his signing, when his name first came up in rumors.

I don't think hardly anyone was against the signing at 1/8. A lot didn't want to go anywhere near his original reported asking prices. There's a big difference.

I don't think hardly anyone was against the signing at 1/8. A lot didn't want to go anywhere near his original reported asking prices. There's a big difference.

Also giving up a second is not the same as giving up a first. No one ever asks for the second born child right?

Archived